The term “cloud choice” describes the growing heterogeneity that includes traditional, cloud and hybrid application environments. Enterprises face a big decision today: if and when to move an application to the cloud. Once the decision is made to use the cloud, enterprises must then select the right type of cloud – public, private, hybrid – based on the application and its current and future requirements.
In order to make the right cloud choice for the business, management and security must be at the forefront of any consideration. To help ensure customers are successful in their cloud initiatives, CA Technologies provides a breadth of products and solutions that support a lifecycle approach to successful cloud deployment which includes: plan, design, deliver, secure and assure.
“By putting management and security at the forefront of any cloud initiative, we can help enterprises choose, deploy and operationalize the right mix of cloud options to deliver the time-to-value that today’s business requires,” said Roger Pilc, general manager, Virtualization and Automation, CA Technologies. “By working with CA Technologies, enterprises can accelerate any and all facets of their cloud strategies, whether to make optimal use of public cloud services, leverage existing virtual and physical environments into a private cloud, build private cloud services from the ground up, or all of the above.”
The following products and solutions announced today support a lifecycle approach to successful cloud deployment:
CA Business Service Insight 8.0:
· · Developed to manage the service performance of both cloud-based and traditional services, CA Business Service Insight helps enterprises plan and assure cloud initiatives. By offering features to discover, compare and measure services and service levels, customers can make the best informed choices around service options.
· · Customers can benchmark and compare internal and external services and their performance by using the Service Measurement Index hosted at Cloud Commons. In addition, Business Service Insight provides the ability to research different service options using social interaction. Valuable service opinion and comparison data can be collected by creating questionnaires to poll peers in the industry.
· · Business Service Insight also helps customers reduce performance and security risk by providing the ability to discover the traditional and cloud services currently running in an IT environment.
· · Finally, customers can improve business agility and increase customer satisfaction by providing the business level visibility needed to help assure services are performing at operational and contractual service levels.
"With the growth of cloud adoption in our organization, there is a new level of complex heterogeneity that embodies our IT environment,” said Jose Ferraz, managing partner, VisionWay, Business Management Services. “We understand that managing this environment and the cloud services and applications brought into it must be thought of up-front, before making any service or application choices. CA Business Service Insight provides us with the information we need as we make our choices of what should or could be delivered as a cloud application and what should stay in-house. Much of this decision is based on whether service levels are meeting business expectations.”
CA Automation Suite for Data Centers 12.5:
· · Delivers the ultimate in enabling cloud choice. The integrated solution for automated data center management allows IT to respond to business needs, such as requirements for additional computing capacity on demand. This “cloud-bursting” capability allows customers to move workloads from private to public clouds as needed to meet demand and SLAs.
· · Advances in CA Technologies rapid server imaging technology help prevent vendor lock-in. Customers can seamlessly move applications and workloads into, out of and across public cloud provider platforms from vendors such as Amazon Web Services, Rackspace and Terremark.
· · Comprised of new releases of CA Server Automation, CA Virtual Automation, CA Configuration Automation and CA Process Automation, CA Automation Suite for Data Centers offers a comprehensive, step-wise approach to automation. It provides dynamic provisioning, configuration management, deployment and elastic scaling of IT services and infrastructure combined with policy-based server automation to maximize business service quality and availability.
CA AppLogic® 3.0:
· · This unique turnkey cloud computing platform allows enterprises to design and deliver virtual business services across private and public clouds. With an intuitive visual interface, enterprises can define infrastructure, provision, deploy and manage applications, as well as monitor operations, using only a browser. With this release, customers can now run applications and services using VMware ESX and Xen hypervisors on the same grid, providing a new level of freedom and flexibility for delivering cloud services. In addition, customers can import workloads using the Open Virtualization Format (OVF), making smart use of existing virtualization investments.
· · The new Global Fabric Controller adds detection and inventory functions to simplify installation and help reduce operating costs, and the role-based access control capabilities provide new options to enhance security. Enterprises running internal applications on the CA AppLogic cloud platform can easily move those applications to any of the global ecosystem of public cloud providers also using the CA AppLogic cloud platform.
CA Automation Suite for Clouds 1.0:
· · A new pre-integrated solution to deliver private cloud services. This out-of-the-box solution enables rapid, predictable and secure provisioning and delivers cloud infrastructure and critical services designed for hybrid environments.
· · The pre-tested and extensible framework is designed for customers and partners to rapidly implement and accelerate time to value. It includes pre-designed workflows for automated, self-service delivery of virtual and physical infrastructure and application services, making it ideal for both foundational IaaS environments and easy extensibility to current and future automated cloud services. CA Automation Suite for Clouds is comprised of CA Server Automation, CA Virtual Automation, CA Process Automation, CA Configuration Automation and CA Service Catalog.
CA Virtual Placement Manager 1.0:
· · Helps enterprises design and deliver virtual infrastructure. It brings to market a revolutionary approach to capacity management by automatically solving for optimal workload assignment, predicting capacity needs, and addressing performance and response time risks while also right-sizing new and existing virtual machines. Users can perform these analyses with both existing and hypothetical infrastructure components.
· · The placement and balancing solution, based on technology further developed from the Hyperformix acquisition, incorporates an infrastructure library and leverages performance and capacity utilization data from third party agents to support multi-vendor analysis. CA Virtual Placement Manager helps address problems of VM stall and sprawl by leveraging patented analytics to safely increase overall host to VM ratios.
Additional Enhanced Products:
· · CA Virtual Assurance for Infrastructure Managers 12.5 to help assure application performance across virtual, cloud and traditional IT environments;
· · CA Identity Manager 12.5 and CA Role & Compliance Manager 12.5 to help secure and control identity and access across virtual, cloud and traditional IT environments;
· · CA Data Manager 4.3 for designing data center efficiency; and
· · CA Automation Suite for Cisco UCS 12.5 for delivering dynamic service and application automation across physical, virtual and cloud infrastructures.
“Enterprise IT has evolved rapidly into a world where organizations use and provide cloud services that cross boundaries of departments, companies and countries; across mobile devices, public, private and hybrid clouds; and across corporate mainframes and traditional servers,” said Tim Grieser, Program Vice President, IDC. “With these announcements, CA Technologies is expanding the breadth and depth of solutions that can help customers choose the best cloud option for their business and help manage, secure and optimize the service.”
Pragmatic Approach to Cloud
To help customers in their cloud journey, CA Technologies offers a three-day Cloud Strategy Workshop to assess how cloud computing can support an organization’s business needs based on a specific scenario the customer selects. Upon completion, customers will receive a report detailing assessments – ranging from the impact a cloud move will have on business and technical operations to strategy recommendations and suggested milestones for deployment.
Tags: Data Centres